Features and Advantages of Vibratory Pile Drivers
Vibratory pile drivers are used to build harbors, bridges, airports, buildings, roads, rails, infrastructure, solar power, wind turbines, walls and many other foundation types. Vibratory pile drivers are modern and popular machinery for pipe, sheet and wooden piles. The most prominent feature of vibratory pile drivers is the sound power level. Impact hammers are very noisy owing to the fact that they make use of overweight to impact. However, vibratory hammer drivers are lighter and much faster as they do not apply extra force to the ground. Therefore thet are more preferable in urban areas and downtowns.
Other features of vibratory pile drivers are as follows:
- Vibratory pile drivers can save time and cost because they can pile the piles much faster.
- They can be used for driving and extracting the piles from the ground.
- They can be used underwater.
- Vibratory hammers are lighter and user-friendly,
- They can be used depending on both the crane and the excavator.
- In projects which require high driving/dismounting capacity, crane suspended hammers which supply the needed energy through the power pack, are used.
- This is an environmentally-friendly technology (especially to protect the fauna).
- They supply their energy through the hydraulic or electrical energy line, but hydraulic lines are more preferred because they are lighter and stronger.
- They are smaller, easy to transport and maintain.
- The vibratory pile drivers are also very cost effective than a commonly-used hammer drivers.